Monday, October 15, 2007

Argghh!! Lame Bus

I will not be taking the 356 again. It is too much of a pain. This morning I was getting to the stop late, but since there was a person in a wheelchair waiting for the bus I figured no big deal, he'll take 5 minutes loading and then I can get on. Nope. The bus driver didn't see the person and was almost to the corner where I caught him and told him he missed the guy. Anyway, after he tried to deploy the wheelchair ramp and determined part way through this that the ramp wouldn't give enough room for the guy to get on, he decided to pull the ramp back in and close the door -- Only the door wouldn't close for him. I figured he must be getting ready to do something but about 10 minutes later he still doesn't have the door closed. I decided that this was my stop and proceeded to go home and drive myself to work. I still beat the bus. Even on it's regular schedule. It's a sad park-and-ride route. Very pathetic. It needs to only stop at park-and-rides. It's still trying to be a bus for everybody, just making fewer stops than the REAAAALLLY slow buses used to. In fact, I can't imagine that the really slow buses are all that slow actually, considering average times of 65 to 90 minutes on this bus. Express bus? Indeed.

No comments: