Friday, May 16, 2008

Eating on the bus

So, all the buses and TRAX have a sign saying food is prohibited on the bus. I don't think I've ever seen this rule enforced. Yesterday a guy gets on with a soda and a Subway sandwich bag. He proceeds to eat his cookie and drink from his soda. Yeah, give the guy a break. One of the biggest problems is we're too lenient on this type of infraction. Someone spills, the seat/floor get sticky and the bus becomes a little less nice. If the rule means nothing get rid of it. If not, I expect people to bring boom boxes and start smoking on the bus as well. I can find this type of rule breaking much easier on TRAX, but on a bus where the bus driver is the gatekeeper and can sometimes see what is being brought on the bus it's just hard for me to understand.

No comments: