Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Comments I sent to UTA about route 356

I take the West Valley Fast Bus (356) daily. I think the
route works fairly well. I am concerned with having a new driver every
morning however. Seeing as the route is advertised as a "Fast Bus",
meaning in my mind that it only stops at designated stops, it seems
impossible for it to actually be a fast bus due to a new inexperienced
driver every morning. We do have a fairly regular driver at night on an
MCI bus. I was wondering if we might consider making this route a
little more regular in the morning by trying to schedule the same
(hopefully one that knows where and where not to stop) bus driver each
morning and afternoon. I know this will help the route and I will enjoy
it thoroughly.

Update:

Additional comments I sent yesterday (Wed 26)

I wanted to add some comments about the 356 again. I
commented a couple days ago and wanted to follow up.

First, the driver this morning was pretty good.

Second, I was talking with other bus riders at our stop and they summed
up what I said in my last comment. The bus drivers are new each day and
don't seem to get that it's a fast bus. I think the main problem is
that every day it's a new driver. I want that fixed. I want them to
know where the stops are and stop only at those stops. I think this bus
route has potential and the ridership is really growing since gas prices
are too. Please fix it.

No comments: